Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Always an Ally, Never an Adversary

Regarding my book, Always an Ally, Never an Adversary...Several people have recently mentioned that there is SO MUCH information in the book that it tends to be overwhelming at times. I can understand their feelings. Most of the books on the market dealing with relationships and raising children have one or two main ideas, strategies or principles and it takes reading pages and pages to get to the point. In the end, you may be disappointed by the expected promise of the book title.

By contrast, Always an Ally should be considered more of a reference book as it contains 50 principles and strategies for dealing with human relationships. There is no way one reading can answer all your questions; you may need to go back and read it again and again as I do (and I'm the one who wrote it!) for reminders about which principle applies in a given circumstance. The strategies and stories hit squarely on the points they illustrate.

Years ago, for example, when I talked to Dr. Schofield about how to help one of my friends with a particular problem situation, he resonded with, "They need to see the whole picture." Always an Ally lays out the whole picture for you. You must study it out in your own mind to see what applies.

It's my sincere hope that you will benefit from the many years I spent learning Dr. Schofield's principles for happy living and taking copious notes of the stories and strategies he gave the world. We are indeed blessed by the legacy of wonderful experiences and information he left us.

No comments: